In a new study, MindEdge surveyed 1,000 U.S. managers (or higher) to identify rates at which robots, artificial intelligence and automation are being implemented in the workplace, and which skills they feel will future-proof workers as automation takes root across industries.
Survey findings included:
- 35 percent of managers in technology are concerned about their job security.
- 28 percent of the healthcare industry have adopted robotics of other forms of advanced automation.
- 21 percent of employees working in the healthcare industry are concerned about their job security due to the adoption of robotics and automation in the next twelve months.
- 49 percent say employees are lacking in soft skills, while 41 percent say employees are lacking in hard skills.
- 50 percent of managers believe it is a shared responsibility of both employees and employers in making sure are trained properly for the future of work.